TECH'S NEW BUILDINGS TO BE DEDICATED TODAY

President Lowell Among Prominent Men Who Will Give Addresses at This Ceremony.

President Lowell, President Maclaurin of Technology, Governor McCall, and Senator H. C. Lodge '71 will be the speakers in the dedication exercises in the Great Court of the new buildings of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology today at 2.30 o'clock. The remainder of the day's program includes the graduation exercises of the class of 1916 in Huntington Hall at 11 o'clock, departmental luncheons at the Somerset, at noon, and a banquet in Symphony Hall, where demonstrations of transcontinental telephone service and of other achievements of modern science will be made.

New Structures Form Important Group.

The new buildings to be dedicated this morning form the most important group of structures devoted to technical education in the world. The holdings of the institute on the esplanade in Cambridge include 50 acres. The educational buildings now finished occupy a plot of 12 acres with somewhat more reserved for extensions to these structures. There are reserved for student uses somewhat more than 25 acres. The athletic field, said by experts to be the best in the country, has been in use for a year.

A gift from Coleman duPont late in 1911 paid for the land. The architect was selected in May, 1912, W. W. Bosworth of New York. The plans were announced in November, 1912, and the first run of concrete was made in April, 1913.

Some of the dimensions are impressive. The Court of Honor, where the exercises and the masque are to be held is 360 feet square and the smaller ones 165 feet square. The library is crowned by a dome similar to that of the Pantheon in Rome, which rises 180 feet above the court or nearly 200 feet above the river.