ATTENTION DEMANDED BY 47 CHANGES IN COURSES

List of Changes to be Announced in New Elective Pamphlet Printed Below.

Following are changes in courses which have been made since the first edition of the elective pamphlet appeared. The second edition, which will probably appear on Wednesday, will be corrected for these changes. In order to avoid possible confusion, students must consult this table before handing in their study cards.

The pressure of business in the office of Professor Quesada necessitates his postponing his courses until the second half-year, with other changes in the courses in Latin-American history. In this department Dr. Klein offers two courses in the first half-year. Professor W. S. Tower '03, of the University of Chicago, will give two new courses, one on South American geography and the other on economics geography.

Several of the courses in philosophy are readjusted because of the death of Professor Royce and the inability of the Hon. Bertrand Russell to fulfill his engagement.

Several courses are omitted this year, and the times of others are changed.

New Courses Given this Year.

ENGLISH F. English Composition. Special instruction. Conferences at hours to be assigned.

Students who have been relieved of regular prescription of composition, but whose writing is found to be unsatisfactory, may be required by the Committee on the Use of English by Students to take Course F. The course cannot be counted for a degree.

SPANISH 9 hf. Spanish Composition and Conversation. Half-course. Twice a week Mr. HUSBANDS (University of Santiago de Chile).

Open to students who have passed in Spanish 8 or have done equivalent work.

Course 9 is conducted in Spanish.

Students intending to take the course are advised to consult Professor J. D. M. Ford.

FINE ARTS: 8d hf. Theory of Design. Half-course (second half-year). Monday, Wednesday and (at the pleasure of the instructor) Friday, 9 to 11. Assistant Professor POPE.

Fine Arts 8a or its equivalent is required for admission to this course.

ASTRONOMY 4. Theoretical Astronomy. Introduction to Celestial Mechanics; Determination of Orbits. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, at 10. Dr. STETSON.

Course 4 requires a knowledge of the Differential and Integral Calculus, and is open to students who have taken Mathematics 2.

ASTRONOMY 7. Astrophysics. Spectroscopy. Photometry and Photography as applied to Astronomy. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 11. Dr. STETSON.

Course 7 treats of modern methods of investigation into the physical nature of the heavenly bodies. The subjects are of interest not only to students of astronomy but to students of physics desiring some knowledge of the important contributions of physics to current conceptions of the sidereal universe. A knowledge of Descriptive Astronomy and of Elementary Physics is presupposed.

GEOGRAPHY 3 hf. Geography of South America. Half-course (first half-year). Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 11, with additional hours for conferences and reports. Associate Professor TOWER. (University of Chicago).

GEOGRAPHY 11 hf. Economic Geography. Half-course (first half-year). Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 9, with additional hours for conferences and reports. Associate Professor TOWER (University of Chicago).

GOVERNMENT 24. Comparative Administration,--France, Prussia, Italy, Belgium. Monday, Wednesday and (at the pleasure of the instructor) Friday, at 11. Professor Dupriez (University of Louvain).

The lectures will be in English. Ability to read ordinary French and German will be expected.

GOVERNMENT 27 hf. Executive Power in Central Europe.--Responsibility; relations to city government. Half-course (first half-year), Monday, Wednesday, Friday, at 9. Professor DUPRIEZ (University of Louvain).

The lectures will be in English. Ability to read ordinary French will be expected. The course may be taken by students who have taken Government 26 in 1915-16, inasmuch as the ground of the course will be different.

ECONOMICS 35 hf. The Theory of Business Cycles. Half-course (first half-year). Tuesday, Thursday, at 2.30, a third hour to be announced. (Professor W. M. PERSONS (Colorado College).

EDUCATION 20j hf. Education in France and in Neighboring Countries. Half-course (second half-year). Wednesday, 3.30-5.30. Professor DUPRIEZ (University of Louvain).

The course will consider elementary and secondary education, professional education, and particularly university education in France, with references to education in neighboring countries. It will not limit itself to the study of the organization of schools and the methods and programs in use, but will attempt to show how organization, methods and programs in use, but will attempt to show how organization, methods, and programs are adapted to the social, political, and economic conditions of the countries of continental Europe.

PHILOSOPHY 5 hf. The Origins and Development of Hellenic Science. Half-course (second half-year). Monday, Wednesday, Friday, at 10. Dr. GEORGE SARTON.

History of the formation and first efforts to systematize the mathematical and natural sciences in antiquity. Special attention is given to the study of the Babylonian and Egyptian, origins of Greek science. Lectures, reading and a thesis. Knowledge of Greek desirable but not essential.

PHILOSOPHY 8 hf. Advanced Logic: (1) Symbolic Logic; (2) The Relation of Symbolic to the Traditional and other Types of Logic. Half-course (second half-year). Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 9. Dr. SHEFFER.

PHILOSOPHY 20c. Seminary in Logic.--Subject for the year; Problems in Philosophical Technique. Tuesday, 7.30-9.30 P. M. Assistant Professor HENDERSON and Dr. SHEFFER.

PHILOSOPHY 20g. Seminary in the History of Science. History of the Physical Sciences. Thursday, 7.30-9.30 P. M. Dr. GEORGE SARTON.

Analysis and discussion of the fundamental facts and theories of the mathematical and physical sciences in the light of their history. Comparative study of the main sources. No advanced scientific knowledge is required, the idea being to study each question from its very beginning.

MILITARY SCIENCE AND TACTIC: 1. Theoretical and practical military training. Tuesday, Thursday, at 1.30, and a third hour at the convenience of the instructors and students. Captain CONSTANT CORDIER, U. S. A., and others.

This course is open to, and may be counted for a degree by, all physically fit students of Harvard College, excepting Freshmen. Freshmen cannot take this course, unless with the consent of Captain CORDIER and the approval of the Faculty. Graduate Students may take the course, but it will not be counted for a degree.

Other Changes in Courses.

SEMITIC LANGUAGES AND HISTORY 15 hf. Political and Social History of the Mohammedans to the Conquest of Egypt by Selim I, will be given in 1916-17 Semitic 16 hf. will not be given.

LATIN 12, History of Latin Literature, will be given Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 10, instead of at 12.

ENGLISH E, Special Instruction in English for Foreign Students will be given Tuesday, Saturday, at 12, instead of Tuesday, Thursday.

*ENGLISH 5. English Composition (advanced course). With the consent of the instructor, this course may be taken as a half-course in either half-year.

ENGLISH 31, English Composition, will be given by Dr. ODELL SHEPARD, instead of Dr. BERNRAUM.

MUSIC 4b hf., DIIndy, Faure, Debussy, will be given Tuesday, Thursday, at 12, instead of Monday, Wednesday, at 2.30.

CHEMISTRY 2, 22, 16, 17, and 201 will be given by Dr. J. B. CONANT, instead of Dr. ROGER ADAMS.

ASTRONOMY 2b hf., Practical Astronomy, will be given Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 10, instead of at 9.

ASTRONOMY 2b hf., Practical Astronomy will be given Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 12, instead of at 10.

HISTORY 56 hf., South America, will be given in the second half-year instead of in the first.

HISTORY 57 hf., Recent Commercial History of Latin America, will be given in the first half-year instead of in the second.

HISTORY 60 hf., Topics in the Constitutional History of the Argentine Republic, will be given in the second half-year instead of in the first.

GOVERNMENT 19, American Constitutional Law, will be given Monday, Wednesday, Friday, at 1.30, instead of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

PHILOSOPHY B hf., History of Modern Philosophy, will be given by Asst. Professor HOERNLE, instead of by Professor WOODS.

PHILOSOPHY C hf., Outlines of Logic, will be given by Dr. SHEEFER.

PSYCHOLOGY 7a hf., Genetic Psychology, will be given Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 11, instead of Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

PSYCHOLOGY 7b hf., Genetic Psychology, will be given Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, at 11, instead of Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Courses Omitted in 1916-17

INDIC PHILOLOGY 9. Philosophical Sanskrit.

*ENGLISH 26 hf. Contemporary Literature, English and American.

ENGLISH 55 hf. Tennyson.

COMPARATIVE LITERATURE 24 hf. Political Satire in Europe since the Renaissance.

*GOVERNMENT 18 hf. State and City Government in Massachusetts.

PHILOSOPHY 11 hf. Philosophical Systems of India.

PHILOSOPHY 12. Greek Philosophy, with Especial Reference to Plato.

PHILOSOPHY 19a hf. History of Continental Ethics.

PHILOSOPHY 26 hf. Philosophy of Aristotle.

*PSYCHOLOGY 23 hf. Psychopathology.

SOCIAL ETHICS 8 hf. Child-Helping Agencies.

Courses Withdrawn.

PHILOSOPHY 4a hf. Contemporary Ethical and Social Problems.

PHILOSOPHY 9. Metaphysics.

PHILOSOPHY 21 hf. Advanced Logic, with the Elements of Logical Symbolism