MUSICAL COMPETITION CHANGED

Manager from 1919 to be Chosen Before Christmas Vacation.

Candidates from the Class of 1919 for the position of second assistant manager of the University Musical Clubs will be called out on Wednesday, October 4, at which time they should report to R. T. Fry '17, Thayer 32. The competition will last until about a week before the Christmas vacation, and the man who is selected for the position will accompany the clubs on their Christmas trip to Washington, Philadelphia, Pinehurst and other cities. At the opening of the second half year he will become the assistant manager of the clubs and will become manager in March of his Junior year.

This is the first year that a fall competition for this position has ever been held, the system heretofore having been to hold the competition in the spring, necessitating continuing it over the summer until fall. The new plan, therefore, shortens the length of the competition, and also gives the successful candidate a longer term of office, as well as two Christmas trips.

The work of the competition consists of accompanying the clubs on certain of the shorter trips around Boston, securing concerts, arranging trips and some clerical work. The competition offers an excellent opportunity for a good business training, the duties of the manager corresponding closely to those of the business world.