SEVEN OPPOSES TIGERS

VETERAN PRINCETON LINE

Harvard and Princeton clash tonight at the St. Nicholas Rink in New York City in the first game of the Crimson-Tiger series. The fact that the University seven defeated Dartmouth 3 to 0 in comparatively easy fashion a week after the latter had taken a game from the Tigers, 6 to 3, makes the Crimson a slight favorite, although Princeton's practice, culminating in a brilliant 4 to 3 victory over Yale last Wednesday at New Haven shows that the New Jersey team has developed very fast. Princeton has played six games so far, winning from St. Paul's, Williams and once from Yale, and losing to the B. A. A., Dartmouth and in the first game of the Yale series. The University has won three out of four games, from the Boston Hockey Club, technology and Dartmouth, losing the first game of the season to the B. A. A., although in this game no goals were scored while the regulars were in.

Six Veterans on Tiger Seven.

That Princeton is strong is evidenced by the fact that there are six veterans in the lineup, Ford, Scully, Humphreys, Schoen, Hills and Cushman. Comey, a substitute last season, is playing a strong game in the place at coverpoint left vacant by the graduation last year of Captain Peacock. Princeton has a brilliant centre pair in Captain Schoen and Humphreys, and a forward line that works well together. Scully at point is a veteran player; Comey has proved his ability this year, and Ford is among the best of collegiate goal tenders. In the defensive department, however, Princeton is not as strong as the University. The Tigers have developed the same type of offensive hockey that the Crimson plays, depending on team-work rather than individual playing to score. Harvard has developed this game farther than her opponents at this point in the season, however, and also has a margin of superiority in the defensive work both of the backs and the forwards. Especially conspicuous in the forward line defence work are Baker and Percy, who are also fast men on the offence. Townsend and Rice are valuable wing men, the latter being the most accurate shot on the team, and these two can be depended on to hold up the ends of the line.