WRESTLERS DOWN ANDOVER

Only One Decision Against University Team, Which Won From Schoolboys by 24 Points to 6.

The University wrestling team won from Andover by a score of 24 to 6 in the first meet of its schedule in the Hemenway Gymnasium on Saturday afternoon. The scoring was done on the basis of five points for a fall, four for a decision, and two for a draw. Andover secured its six points through a decision in the heavyweight class and a draw in the 115-pound class, all the other matches going to the University wrestlers.

W. Russell (A) defeated S. Burnham '19 in the heavyweight class by decision, but lost to W. B. Snow '17 also by decision, in the 175-pound class. In the 158-pound class O. R. Lindesmith '17 secured a fall over A. Vines (A) as did H. D. Killam '18 over Miller (A) in the 145-pound class. R. K. Killam '19 defeated T. Brown (A) in the 135-pound class by decision, and E. L. Davidson '17 secured a decision over Hale (A) in the 125-pound class. In the 115-pound class L. Ettlinger '18 was given a decision over Founley (A), but the match was called a draw by agreement, Ettlinger being overweight.

A. K. Kelly, of Yale, refereed the matches and Dr. P. S. Page, of Andover, and J. A. Beaman '19 acted as time-keepers.