HOCKEY TEAM DEFEATED 6 TO 4 IN LONG SCRIMMAGE

B. A. A. FORWARDS PROVED SURER IN BOTH SHOOTING AND PASSING.

A long scrimmage with the B. A. A. seven at the Arena yesterday afternoon resulted in a 6 to 4 defeat for the University squad. When team A came off the ice the score stood 2 to 1 against them. Inaccurate passing and poor stick-handling were noticeable on the part of the Crimson players throughout the scrimmage, and there was a decided letdown from the standard of play set in the Queen's game.

T. C. Thacher '18 was on the ice again yesterday, but did not take part in the the scrimmage. E. O. Baker '17 was given another day off, R. Baldwin '17 taking his place at left centre. Baker will probably be back today. T. K. Fisher '17, substitute right centre, was also excused from practice, and T. H. Eckfeldt '17 replaced H. K. White '19.

University Scored First.

A flash of team-work, including a triple pass between T. H. Rice '17, Captain Morgan and G. A. Percy '18 resulted in the University's first goal, Percy scoring. Shortly afterwards, Tuck, the B. A. A. point, carried the puck through alone and tallied. Percy missed a perfect chance to score on a pass from Rice, and then some nice passing between Osgood, Hutchinson and Sands put the B. A. A. ahead when Sands scored. Jones, whose accurate shooting from any position was almost phenomenal, tallied next from a sharp angle. A few minutes later Sands took the rubber from behind his own goal, carried it the length of the rink and passed to Hutchinson, who drove in another fast angle shot.