McLEOD WILL CAPTAIN NINE

INFORMAL TEAM DEFEATED RADIO SCHOOL.--FISHER TO BE MANAGER

In the absence of G. A. Percy '18, and L. Higgins '18, captain and manager of this year's baseball team, the Graduate Advisory Committee has appointed Willard Wise McLeod '19, of Malden, as acting captain and Frederick Taylor Fisher '19, of Chicago, Ill., as manager. These appointments are subject to approval of the Athletic Committee.

Fall baseball practice under the guidance of Coach Duffy, is progressing rapidly, the team defeating a nine from the Radio School by a score of 9 to 6, in its first game, Saturday afternoon. It is the hope of the management that enough men will report, especially from the Freshman class, to make possible a Freshman and a University team.

More than 200 spectators watched the game Saturday afternoon between the University and the Naval Radio School. For the most part the play was careless and marked by errors, but there were exhibitions of brilliant fielding and batting. In the first inning, the Radio School made two runs on a single, a double and two bases on balls. Their defense was weak, however, and the University team, aided by errors in fielding, was able to score five times. In the second inning, hits by S. B. Evans '20 and L. P. Jones '19, combined with more errors, scored two more runs. A triple by S. H. Johnson '20 and a fielder's choice were responsible for the University's ninth and last tally. Ferris then took up the pitching for the Radio School and prevented further scoring, while his own team took advantage of several errors and raised their final score to six.