BATTALION AND COMPANY SPORTS TO BE ORGANIZED

FALL MEET LIKELY

In an interview yesterday with a CRIMSON reporter, F. W. Moore '93, announced that inter-battalion and inter-company athletics would be promoted during the coming fall and winter. Owing to the decrease in the number of candidates who report for any one sport, it has been found impossible to carry out the inter-class schedules which were planned, especially in regard to the minor sports. The matter will be taken up in companies, and those interested in some branch of athletics will organize a team from their company.

As yet the plans are indefinite until the rosters of the companies become permanent and the men get to know one another, but Mr. Moore feels certain that by this method, many of the problems faced today will be solved. Almost none of the captains of the minor sport teams are back this year, and there would be no one to organize a University or class team, but an entirely new organization can be made among the small groups of men in the companies or battalions. If this plan is responded to with any enthusiasm and a keen rivalry springs up in the regiment, it should be possible to hold field days both this fall and next spring for athletic competitions.