GAME PROCEEDS FOR RED CROSS

INFORMAL TEAM WILL PLAY FIRST MAINE ARTILLERY SATURDAY.

The entire net proceeds from the game between the First Maine Heavy Field Artillery and the Informal University football teams on Saturday are to go to the Red Cross. This disposal of the receipts has been determined at the request of the artillerymen, who prefer to have the Red Cross benefited rather than add to their own Regimental Union fund.

A large number of the artillery regiment will attend the game, accompanied by five bands with over 100 musicians from the depot regiments at Camp Bartlett. There is a possibility that the R. O. T. C. will end its special Saturday afternoon drill on Soldiers Field by a march past the Stadium before the first half begins.

Secret practice was held yesterday for the first time this season by the informal University squad. Hard drill on new plays and in strengthening the weak points discovered Saturday occupied the teams until dark. The eleven came through the Naval Reserve contest with only two minor injuries, R. H. Bowen '20 and T. S. Woods '20 being out of the game until the end of the week with sprains. Whether W. B. Snow '18 recently transferred to the Cadet School for Ensigns will be able to continue with the team depends entirely on the attitude taken by the officers at the Ensign School, it was stated yesterday.

Two games for the Informal University team have been added to the schedule. Camp Devens at Ayer will send an eleven to the Stadium on November 10, and the Newport Naval Reserves will probably appear here on November 17, the week following the Camp Devens game.

Both of the new opponents will have strong elevens. At Camp Devens more than 30,000 soldiers are divided into a large number of teams, all coached by former college players, which will play an elimination series for the championship of the division. The best of these players are to be selected as the first team of the cantonment, and it is this eleven which will play the Informals.

At Newport the presence of C. R. Black, captain of the 1916 Yale team, together with a number of other collegiate stars insures a team capable of competing on equal grounds with the best elevens in the country