BOND CAMPAIGN PROGRESSES

TEAMS 1, 3, AND 7 TOTAL 1300 DOLLARS FOR FIRST DAYS.

The work of the Liberty Bond Committee is well under way and a thorough canvass of the University has been begun. Although the machinery of the campaign is not yet in perfect working order yet the results of the first days' work seem to prophesy a successful week. The returns of teams number 1, 3, and 7 are the only ones available and their report of collections is as follows: Captain Parker's team $600, Captain Barclay's team $400 and Captain Meeker's team $300, making a total of $1300 for the first days.

With only $73,000,000, or less than one sixth of the total allotment of $500,000,000 for New England already subscribed, the need for universal response is manifestly imperative.

At the close of a meeting yesterday of Major Henry Lee Higginson, Cardinal O'Connell, and Alfred L. Aiken, Governor of the Federal Reserve Bank, Cardinal O'Connell issued a statement of which the following is an extract: "The times are extraordinary and call for extraordinary methods. Our soldiers and sailors will need everything we can do for them and it would be a crime for anyone of us to be indifferent to the tremendous consequences which would result to this country in the unthinkable event of our failure to do our full duty at this critical time.

"We are proud of what our boys are doing, and on our part we must do everything we possibly can, I repeat, to keep them in good condition, morally and physically"