ELEVENS MET BOSTON COLLEGE

FAST SCRIMMAGES FOR BOTH TEAMS IN PREPARATION FOR GAMES SATURDAY.

For the second time this season C. E. Brickley '15 brought the Boston College squad to Cambridge to scrimmage with the informals and the Freshmen. Coaches Rollins and Wallace took the opportunity to polish the attack and defense of their teams for the games Saturday with the Depot Brigade at Camp Devens and Worcester Academy here.

The informals and the first Boston College eleven scrimmaged for an hour, the University players holding throughout a slight advantage Clever forward passing by the visitors was the feature of the afternoon.

In the first part of the scrimmage the informal team used an open attack with some success. A 30-yard pass from L. Crosscup '19, to R. Hoffman '19, advanced the ball to the 8-yard mark from which Horween scored on line plunges. Brickley's squad then tried the same open tactics against the informals, but several attempts to complete passes were stopped by the University defence, although on the last down a beautiful pass of 35 yards brought a touchdown. The coaches from that point directed the plays.

The strongest work in the line was done by T. S. Woods '20, and C. Thorndike '20. L. Crosscup in the backfield played a fast game and showed ability as a punter.

Freshmen Outplayed Boston 2nd Team.

The Freshman team outplayed the Boston College second team in a long scrimmage in the Stadium. Today the 1921 squad will have a final practice before the Worcester Academy game to be played in the Stadium Saturday.