1921's APATHY.

Last evening Bishop Lawrence spoke to the Freshmen in Smith Halls Common Room. Out of a class of 550, 75 men were present. We realize that the hour examinations are here and that much has to be done in a hurry which should have been done long ago. Such an excuse to offer for not hearing one of the great figures in America's religious work, however, is ridiculous. The sponsors of these weekly talks for Freshmen have secured the most brilliant speakers obtainable. They have set the time of each meeting from 7 until 7.35 o'clock. In addition Dr. Davison is to be present to lead the singing. If the large majority of 1921 wishes to forego the privilege of getting together for an address which they will long remember and for an inspiring half-hour, they may indulge their wish. In that case we shall have a poor opinion of the intellectual aspirations of the class. We shall not only feel that 1921 is stupid and selfish to its better development, but we shall regret that a class has entered Harvard which seems to fall far below its predecessors in seeking to get the most out of the University.