ELEVENS HAD LIGHT PRACTICE.

No Injuries Received by Informals or Freshmen on Saturday.

With important games scheduled for this Saturday, the informals and Freshman football squads spent yesterday in correcting the errors made against the Camp Devens Depot Brigade and the Worcester Academy elevens. Both Coach Rollins and Coach Wallace prefaced work on the field with blackboard talks illustrating weak points. The Freshmen on the field spent the greater part of the time in perfecting defence formations against the forward pass, as this was the chief defect in the work of the team on Saturday. With the informals in the Stadium the light workout consisted principally in punting for the backs, and breaking through for the linemen.

No injuries of a serious nature resulted from the hard game at Devens, and no player will be kept out of scrimmage beyond the middle of the week. G. D. Flynn '19, and P. Zach '19, did not however, appear in uniform. Every Freshman came out of the Worcester game unscratched.

The Freshmen play the first of their three most important games this Saturday, meeting Exeter at Exeter. The practice of the next few days will see a new Freshman attack with more polished team work. The easy victory against the Worcester eleven only showed the great difference between the regular Freshman team and the substitutes.

Saturday's game will furnish the first opportunity to compare the Princeton, Yale, and the University Freshman elevens. Exeter has suffered defeat at the hands of both Princeton and Yale by the decisive scores of 12 to 0, and 20 to 0. A light line is the chief weakness of the Academy team.

The informals on Saturday oppose the Portland Naval Reserves, a team which has been playing the Maine college teams with varying success. This game will be played at the same time that the Army and Navy athletic carnival is going on in the Stadium.

Coach Leary had his Navy team hard at work yesterday as he has but six days in which to whip a large squad with great individual ability into a smooth working eleven. At Camp Devens it is reported that P. D. Haughton '99, has taken active charge of the Army team.

Today the informals will scrimmage with the Freshmen so that the new formations may be thoroughly tried before the end of the week. Much attention will be given to the development of the line play, which in the game at Ayer, showed weak points. The Navy team with several collegiate stars in its lineup will play against the informals tomorrow in a practice game