WAR LECTURE SERIES ARRANGED

LIEUT, MORIZE WILL DELIVER FIRST ONE TOMORROW EVENING.

A committee made up of members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences has undertaken to organize a series of lectures which are to be given weekly on subjects connected with the war. This action has been prompted by the ignorance of most people in this country as to the events which are going on in Europe and the obvious necessity for men, especially in the R. O. T. C., to become acquainted with the customs and conditions which prevail among the armies in France.

These lectures will be given in part by members of the faculty who are in touch with special and general aspects of war work and conditions in European countries, and in part by alumni and men outside the University who can speak with authority on such subjects. The talks will be given weekly, ordinarily on Wednesday evenings, and will be open to members of the University only, not to the public.

The first lecture of the series will be an illustrated account of the "Life in the Trenches," by Lieutenant Andre Morize, and will be given tomorrow evening, October 31, at 8.15 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall. Arrangements for the speakers at all of the succeeding talks have not yet been made, but an announcement giving the men and the subjects they will talk on will appear later.