MOVE VOCATIONAL BUREAU HERE

DIVISION OF EDUCATION TAKES OVER WORK OF BOSTON INSTITUTION.

Harvard University has taken over the Vocational Bureau of Boston, and adds it to its work under the division of education. The new "Bureau of Vocational Guidance" will be conducted under the auspices of an executive committee composed of the staff of the division of education and two members from the Faculty of the School of Business Administration. It will also have an advisory committee composed mainly of the former executive board of the bureau. Professor Paul H. Hanus of the division of education was the chairman of the executive board of the Vocational Bureau.

Roy W. Kelly, instructor in vocational guidance in the Graduate School, will assume the direction of the work, and Fredrick J. Allen, assistant director and investigator of occupations for the old bureau for more than seven years, and lecturer on vocational guidance in Boston University, has been appointed associate director of the bureau and lecturer in the University. Cooperation with the teachers of the state is promised in order to insure the utilization of all possible resources leading to effectual vocational guidance.

This transfer has been necessitated by the fact that Meyer Bloomfield, director of the bureau since its beginning, has been called into national service.

The University will continue all of the former organization's activities and add some of its own. For the benefit of teachers and others connected with the public schools, the Bureau will keep regular office hours from 9 until 1 o'clock on Saturdays. Conferences will be arranged for Saturday afternoons in the case of persons who cannot come at any other time.