OFFICERS' ELEVEN AT DEVENS

SEVEN UNIVERSITY MEN ON TEAM WHICH WILL PLAY UPTON SATURDAY.

Coach P. D. Haughton '99, who is in charge of the Camp Devens football team, has announced that seven former University players, now officers in the reserve, will play on the cantonment eleven against Camp Upton at the Polo Grounds in New York next Saturday.

The seven graduates who will play are Captain C. A. Coolidge '17, Lieutenants J. C. Harris '17, H. W. Minot '17, W. F. Robinson '18, T. C. Thacher '18, M. Weston '15 and M. Wiggin '18. Coolidge played on the University eleven for three years and was a regular end last year. Harris started the 1916 Yale game at centre and was a substitute for D. J. Wallace '16 the year before. Minot was a substitute back and one of the punters. Robinson was the regular quarterback and much the best drop-kicker of the 1916 squad, and Thacher was the regular left halfback. Weston was a guard on the eleven captained by C. E. Brickley '17 which defeated Yale 41 to 0. Wiggin was the strongest of the second-string centres last fall.

This same eleven will meet the Newport Naval Reserve team on Thanksgiving Day morning at Braves Field in what promises to be one of the best games of the season.

Hitherto the Devens team has been composed entirely of privates. This rule, which excluded many good players in the Officers' Reserve Corps and severely handicapped the team, has finally been suspended by the camp authorities.

The latter aggregation has already decisively defeated the Maine "Heavies" and the University informals.