YALE 1921 GAVE WAY TO TIGER FRESHMAN ELEVEN

Former University Stars Brought Victory to Devens; Rutgers Defeated Newport Reservists.

At New Haven Saturday the Princeton freshmen upset all calculations by defeating the Yale yearlings 9 to 7 in a game won by a 43-yard goal from placement in the final moments of play. The Yale team was a heavy favorite as it had defeated the University eleven, which had won from the Orange and Black team 24 to 0 two weeks ago. The first score came in the second period when Harvey, a Princeton end, ran 50 yards for a touchdown. In the second half Yale gained a one-point lead on a touchdown by Lay and a goal by French. The long goal from field by Keck in the fourth period, however, gave the final advantage to the Princeton squad.

In the Camp Devens-Camp Upton game in New York, H. W. Minot '17 contributed the winning score for the Massachusetts eleven on a 60-yard run for a touchdown. The Devens team, drilled by Coach Haughton, contained seven former University players in its lineup. In the backfield: W. F. Robinson '18, Minot and T. C. Thacher, Jr., '18 played a fast game, while in the line the University contributed two ends, a guard and centre, in C. A. Coolidge '17, W. Whiting '16, M. Weston '15 and M. Wiggin '18. C. Blagden '02 played for the Upton eleven.

C. R. Black's Naval Reserves, who defeated the University informals 14 to 0, met their first reverse in New York Saturday at the hands of the Rutgers eleven. The individual stars of the Newport team could not prevent the well-drilled college eleven from totalling 14 points against them. Coach Leary's Navy Yard eleven, however, strengthened during the past week, had no difficulty in defeating an all-star team at Beverly, 34 to 0. L. H. Enwright '18 and E. L. Casey '19 were the stars, while C. A. Clark, Jr., '19, W. J. Murray '18, W. Rollins '16 and A. Horween '20 also played for the sailors.