THE ARMY-NAVY GAME.

For the first time in the history of the Stadium the Army and Navy will battle on its soil. Today two Harvard-trained teams meet; the one, Haughton-coached from Ayer, the other, trained by Leo Leary from the Navy Yard.

It will be the best game seen in New England this year. The Navy team has already showed its prowess to the Informals whose goal line it crossed twice in rapid succession, the Army team is built and picked by Haughton. On paper the bluejackets seem unbeatable but so had Yale for many years until Haughton's men attacked them. The Navy material is all from All-New England; with Murray, Cannell, Enwright and Casey as a backfield the Ayer linesmen are in for a busy afternoon. It will be a game marked by brilliancy, speed and fumbles.

Both teams have not had much practice but every player is an individual marvel or he would never be on the field. The undergraduate sympathy will doubtless be with the Navy for its line-up contains four men who, if this were a normal year, would be representing the University. Clark, Murray, Casey and Enwright will all start the game; it is Casey's first appearance in the Stadium since we watched him wriggle through the Princeton line last year.

Once more we tramp to Soldiers Field to see our idols of many a hard-fought game. It may be their last appearance till the end of the War, who knows? But, be that as it may, it will be a wonderful contest. So putting aside thoughts of recitations and war we can journey forth to the Stadium and see to a never-to-be-forgotten afternoon.