DEVENS HELD NAVAL RESERVES TO 0-0 TIE

BARRETT AND MINOT STARS

With a scoreless tie resulting in the Camp Devens-Naval Reserve football game at Braves Field yesterday morning, the inter-service championship of the Northeast is still undetermined. Coach Haughton had not had enough time to develop sufficient team work with the Devens squad to defeat the Newport sailors, whom a long season had moulded into a well-playing team from a group of star individuals.

Four times the sailors threatened to score, but on each occasion the Army's defence was able to stop the advance. On two of these times the ball was well within the five-yard line, and once with one yard to gain on the fourth down the reserves attempted a forward pass, which failed, however, to score the winning points.

Barrett and Gerrish were the individual stars for the Navy. The former Cornell captain on tackle and end runs gained consistently against the Devens ends, while Gerrish plunged the line for long gains.

The University was represented on the Devens eleven by seven former players: W. F. Robinson '18, H. W. Minot '17, T. C. Thacher '18, in the backfield; and C. A. Coolidge '17, W. Whitney '16, M. Weston '15 and M. Wiggin '18 in the line. Minot was the strongest player on the offence, making a 37-yard run through the middle of the sailor eleven.

The summary:

Score--Devens 0, Naval Reserves 0. Umpire--Beede of Yale. Referee--O'Brien of Tufts. Field Judge--L. Withington '11. Lineman--Lieut. Madden. CAMP DEVENS  NAVAL RESERVES Whitney, Donovan, Coolidge, l.e.  r.e., Green Henry. l.t.  r.t., Grotmat Barton, l.g.  r.g., Schlachter Wiggin, c.  c., Callahan Weston, r.g.  l.g., Black Lyons, r.t.  l.t., Bigelow Coolidge, Whitney, Husk, r.e.  l.e., Elward Robinson, q.b.  q.b., Purdy Palmer, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Barrett Thacher, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Gardner Minot, f.b.  f.b., Gerrish