NFORMALS SCORED TOUCHDOWN

35 MINUTE SCRIMMAGE MARKED BY EVEN PLAYING IN MID-FIELD.

One touchdown by the informals was the only score in a 35-minute scrimmage between the Freshman and the University squads yesterday. Coach Wallace sent his first team against the informals, who lacked several regulars because of the drill for those in the naval courses. Forward passes were tried by both teams in great number. J. G. Coolidge '20 broke up several of the Freshman passes and ran back kicks for long gains. Coach Rollins played in the informal backfield the greater part of the scrimmage in place of L. Crosscup '19, who injured his leg in the first few plays. C. F. Weden '20, within five minutes of the start of play crossed the Freshman goalline on a five-yard line plunge, following a 15-yard gain by H. L. Whitney '20, on a forward pass.

For half an hour the teams battled in the middle of the field with the coaches directing the plays. The informals on line plunges and off-tackle drives at one time carried the ball from their 20-yard line to within 15 yards of another score. The attack failing at this point, Coolidge tried a forward pass to P. D. Steele, uC., but the latter dropped the ball as he crossed the line.

Two days of practice remain before the Freshman squad goes to Princeton. Twenty-six players will make the trip, accompanied by Coach Wallace and the 1921 football manager and assistant, who are to be appointed tonight. The team leaves Cambridge at 2.10 Friday afternoon from Smith Halls. The entire Freshman class will assemble there at that time to give the team a final send-off.

The teams lined up as follows: Informals.  Freshmen. McCouch, Steele, l.e.  r.e., Finley Peet, l.t.  r.t., Faxon Stubbs, l.g.  r.g., C. Stillman Coleman, c.  c., Havemeyer Kiggen, Philbin, r.g.  l.g., Olmsted Rudman, r.t.  l.t., Frothingham, Roberts Whitney, Quint, Perkins, Goepper, r.e.  l.e., King Coolidge, q.b.  q.b., Wales, Jenney Newton, Hoffman, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lothrop, E. Stillman Weden, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Hamilton, MacDonnell, Butterfield Crosscup, Rollins, f.b.  f.b., Humphrey, Sweeney