MAJOR MORSE PRAISES R. O. T. C.

Says Training Last Year most Practical in Country.

Members of Military Science 2 repeated yesterday afternoon under Lieutenant Morize's supervision, the exercise that was held a week ago. The cadets were formed into one large company under the command of Captain P. M. Cabot '18, and marched out to the low hill about a half a mile behind the Fresh Pond system of trenches. Here the four platoons were formed under the command of Lieutenants G. Baker '20, J. J. Caffrey '19, D. G. Foster '18, and C. E. Works '19. The platoon leaders led their men into the underbrush under the brow of the hill, whence they debauched at a run on a given signal. In the first attempt, the intervals were unsatisfactory, and the movement was repeated. The next time, the proper 50-yard intervals were maintained and the platoons rushed as far as the road in a close line of squad columns. Here they were reformed, and the advance towards the redoubt began.

Major Morse, a Canadian infantryman, who fought at Vimy Ridge, was an interested spectator. "I am very much impressed with this work," he said to a CRIMSON reporter. "The discipline is remarkably good. It has been one of our greatest difficulties to maintain good order in the trenches. Although your system of trenches is not very large, it is a very good reproduction of similar ones on the Western Front. Altogether, the R. O. T. C. training last summer was the most practical in the country, and the work of this year's Corps promises to be just as good."