WILL PRACTICE IN ARENA

30 IN 1921 SQUAD

Arrangements have been made for the informal hockey team to use the Boston Arena two or three times a week during the winter, to play games with service teams and possibly with others. The informals will probably practice on Mondays and Fridays in the late afternoon, and may share the rink on one other afternoon with the B. A. A. The first informal practice will probably take place next Friday.

Plans in regard to games are still rather indefinite. It is almost certain that the informals will play against some military or naval teams, but no decision has been made in regard to intercollegiate games. At its last meeting the Athletic Committee voted that games might possibly be played with nearby institutions, but as yet none have been arranged.

Thirty Freshmen reported at the Charlesbank rink yesterday afternoon for the first practice of the year under the direction of R. E. Gross '19. For convenience the squad was divided into two sections, and each section had a workout of about an hour. The ice was hard and fairly smooth.

No game was played, but several forward lines and defence trios were formed, and engaged in short scrimmages. The playing was not very fast, but the men had been ordered not to over-exert themselves on the first day. Some time was spent in shooting at short and long ranges.

Although no real judgment could be based on yesterday's practice, several men showed good early-season form. Among those who played well were L. B. Van Ingen '21, E. L. Bigelow '21, J. M. Mitchell '21 and C. S. Stillman '21.