CAMPAIGN NEARS CLOSE

APPROACH 500 MARK

Between 400 and 500 students of the University have already enrolled in the Christmas campaign to increase the membership in the Red Cross. The committee in charge of the canvassing of the University, headed by R. E. Gross '19, will continue their work until tomorrow night at which time it is hoped that considerably more than 1000 memberships will have been secured from the College and the Graduate Schools. One million members from New England, outside of Connecticut is the quota that is asked by the national organization.

The Red Cross is preparing to take its full share in the plans to give every American soldier in camp or on active service a cheering Christmas. A Red Cross Christmas packet, containing presents will be sent to every man. This package will be made by the women, and children of the chapters, including the members of the Junior Red Cross. The Naval Auxiliaries of the Red Cross will perform a like service for men in the Navy.

Six Classes of Membership.

Membership in this national organization involves the payment of dues of from one dollar per year to one hundred dollars. There are six classes of membership, as follows:

Annual membership, $1 per year; Magazine membership, $2 per year; Contributing membership, $5 per year; Sustaining membership, $10 per year; Life membership, $50 per year; Patron membership, $100 per year.

The Red Cross Committee is asking all University students to enroll in the $1 membership, for which those registered will receive a button and a certificate of their application. Those who have not subscribed since October 1 are expected to join or renew membership at this time, since the new subscription is for the year 1918 and does not expire until January 1, 1919.