DARTMOUTH PLANS CARNIVAL

OUTING CLUB WILL HOLD ANNUAL WINTER EVENTS FEB. 14 TO 16.

A letter has been received by the CRIMSON inviting all members of the University to the eighth annual Winter Carnival at Dartmouth, which will be held this year on February 14, 15 and 16. As usual, a large number of universities and colleges in the United States and Canada are invited to participate in the various events.

In announcing the Carnival the Outing Club states:

"Believing that physical fitness is an invaluable asset to every man in time of war, the emphasis in this year's Carnival will be placed in the outdoor events. These will include ski and snowshoe dashes and obstacle races, a ski cross-country race, and a ski-joring contest. In addition, there will be competitive ski-jumping. Three prizes will be awarded in each event."

A tentative indoor program comprises a play by the Dartmouth Dramatic Association, a concert by the combined musical clubs and an Intercollegiate League basketball game. The annual Carnival Ball, to be held in the gymnasium, will furnish a climax to the indoor events, while the various fraternities will also have dances.

While in Hanover all outside competitors will be guests of the Outing Club, and will be lodged in the college dormitories without charge. Entry blanks and information concerning the winter sports can be obtained from the Dartmouth Outing Club, Hanover, N. H., upon request.