LIEUT. GREENE'S FUNERAL AT 2

UNIVERSITY CLASSES SUSPENDED TO ALLOW ALL MEN TO ATTEND.

At 2 o'clock this afternoon the funeral of Lieutenant Edward F. Greene, U. S. N., retired, former Professor of Naval Science and Tactics in the University School for Ensigns, will be held in Christ's Church, Cambridge. The members of the Ensign School who were in Lieutenant Greene's classes have asked to march behind the funeral procession and will attend the service in a body.

All classes in the University will be suspended between 1.30 and 2.30, and the special mid-year examinations for the men who are going to the third camp at Yaphank will be held at 2.30 instead of at 2, in order to permit the men who would attend 1.30 classes and take the examinations posted for 2 o'clock to be present at the funeral.

Lieutenant Greene was detailed by the Navy Department to the Ensign School to give the technical instruction of the course. With the assistance of several instructors he has given courses in gunnery, naval regulations, military and international law, naval history, seamanship and ordnance.

Lieutenant Greene was a graduate of the Naval Academy at Annapolis. He was a brother of E. B. Greene '90, Dr. D. C. Greene '95, J. D. Greene '96 and R. S. Greene '01.