More About the Advocate.

Communications

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editor of the CRIMSON:

At the meeting of December 17, we, the undersigned four men, resigned from the Board of the Harvard Advocate. We did this as a protest against the election of a President who obtained his election to the Board and to the Presidency through personal influence, who has never, either before or since his election to the Literary Board, published a solitary line in the Advocate. This resignation was also a protest against the election to the Board at this same meeting of two men who lacked one half the required number of credits. Of the faction forcing through these elections, three have never submitted even a single contribution.

The explanation of the election of these men and of these literary degeneracy of the Advocate lies in the fact that the Advocate has become a social affair, interested in verse and prose merely as a side issue. W. F. DAVIDSON.   R. H. SNOW.   T. M. HODGENS, JR.   S. B. GOODSTONE.