DEBATERS TO COMPETE TOMORROW

Series of Trials for University Team to be Held This Week.

The University debating team trials will start tomorrow when all candidates will report in either Harvard 5 or 6 at 7.30 o'clock. Each competitor will be required to give a five-minute speech on either side of the question. The second trials will be held in the New Lecture Hall Thursday evening at 7.30 o'clock. Ten-minute speeches will be given here and the choice of men made to compete in the final trials in the New Lecture Hall Saturday at 7.30 o'clock. The Coolidge Debating Prize of $100 will be given to the winning speaker at these trials. All undergraduates may compete for these trials.

The subject of the debate will be:

Resolved: That after the present war the United States should so far depart from her traditional policy as to participate in the organization of leagues of Powers to enforce peace.

The annual triangular debate between the University, Yale and Princeton will be held this year on Friday evening, March 23. The University will debate Yale in Cambridge and Princeton at Princeton while the latter will meet Yale at New Haven.