TEAM READY FOR TIGERS

THACHER AT COVERPOINT

The University and Princeton hockey teams meet in the second game of the series at the Arena tonight at 8.15 o'clock. The Tigers took the first game in New York two weeks ago after a close contest by the score of 2 to 1. Princeton has not played since, while the University took a game from Queen's last Saturday night, showing a marked improvement in every branch of the game in comparison to the match with Princeton.

The Tigers' team, with six veterans in the lineup, is exceptionally strong this year. Captain Schoen, Hills, Humphreys, Cushman, and Ford all played hockey at St. Paul's School, Concord, N. H. Schoen, Hills, and Ford are playing their third year on the team, Cushman and Humphreys their second. The latter was kept out of the game last year by injuries. Comey was a substitute last year, and has made good this season at coverpoint.

Defensive Players Strong.

A feature of the game tonight will be the comparison of two unusually strong defensive trios. At goal, J. I. Wylde '17 and Ford both rank high in hockey circles. Captain J. E. P. Morgan '17 is probably the best defence player in intercollegiate hockey today, and T. C. Thacher '18 is another very fast back. Comey and Scully, the Princeton primary defence men, proved their ability against the University two weeks ago.

Both the Crimson and Tiger sevens play the same type of hockey, their ability to score depending largely on polished team-work between the forwards. In the passing game, the Crimson forwards are a shade better than their opponents, but the Tiger linemen are as a whole more accurate shots. This is true especially of Captain Schoen and Humphreys, the centre pair. In G. A. Percy '18 and E. O. Baker '17, however, they will be opposed by the fastest of the University forwards and the best man in the forward line defensive game, respectively. T. H. Rice '17, with six goals to his credit this season, holds his position as high-scorer. He is the most accurate shot on the team, and uses his stick well. Townsend's work in the Queen's game was not up to his usual performance, but he was handicapped by a new pair of skates.

A victory for the University tonight will put the team in first place in the intercollegiate series, according to the total number of games won and lost. In that event, the tie with Princeton will be played off at the Arena on February 24. If the Tigers win tonight, they go into the lead in the series