DRIVING PRACTICE FOR SEVEN

HOCKEY MEN PUT IN TWO DAYS OF SCRIMMAGE UNDER COACH WINSOR.

For the last two days Coach Winsor has been driving the hockey team in hard practices in preparation for the final game with Princeton in the Arena tomorrow night. Special attention was paid to the work of the forwards, which has not been up to its standard for the past week; slowness in starting and a ragged line, combined with a tendency on the part of one or two men to circle, makes team work difficult.

On Wednesday a 40-minute scrimmage started with the third team lined up against the first. After ten minutes of play, during which the first was unable to score although frequently within striking distance, G. Townsend '18 pushed the puck in from a scrimmage in front of the goal. Two minutes later G. A. Percy '18 made a brilliant dash the length of the ice, and although his shot was stopped, E. O. Baker '17 caged the rebound. Baker scored again shortly afterwards and a fourth goal was made by E. B. Condon '18. In one of the prettiest plays of the afternoon Percy took the puck down the ice and passed to Captain Morgan, who scored on a difficult shot. Two goals in succession from the side of the rink by W. O. P. Morgan '18 made the final score 7 to 0.

Yesterday most of the time was again spent in scrimmaging. The first and second teams, with goal guards changed, played for 25 minutes without a score for either side. Frequently the first forwards would break through the defence, but each time either the good work of J. I. Wylde '17 at goal, or the erratic shooting of the line men prevented a score.