SUMMER CAMP OPENS JUNE 23

ENGINEERING SCIENCES 4A AND 4D TO BE GIVEN BY PROF. HUGHES.

The 1917 term of the Harvard Engineering Camp will begin June 23, the Saturday following Commencement, and will be in session 11 weeks. Admission to the camp is open to qualified men who are registered as students in any department of the University or in any other educational institution. Members of the Summer School are also admitted. A knowledge of plane trigonometry and logarithms is a required qualification.

Two courses are offered: Engineering Sciences 4a hf. Surveying--use of instruments; plane and topographical surveying; levelling; map-drawing and field practice. Five weeks, beginning Saturday, June 23, to be given by Professor H. J. Hughes and assistants.

Engineering Sciences 4d. Railroad curves and location; field and office practice. Six weeks, beginning at the close of Course 4a, to be given by Professor H. J. Hughes and assistants. As preparation for this course, 4a or its equivalent is required.

Course 4a and the first three weeks of Course 4d, if both are taken in the same summer, may be counted as one course toward the degree of A.B., A.A. and S.B. Course 4a taken alone counts as one half-course, and Course 4d taken alone counts as a full course toward a degree.

For men who have not paid a full year's tuition in Harvard College, the fees will be as follows: for Engineering Sciences 4a, $75; for Engineering Sciences 4d, $92; for Engineering Sciences 4a and first half of 4d, $121. Students are allowed to take only one course at a time.

The camp is located on the slope of Red Hill, on the Eastern shore of Squam Lake, N. H., about 40 miles from Mt. Washington. It comprises 700 acres of farm and woodland, and has living accommodations, classrooms and drafting rooms for 150 students.

Registration can be made on or before June 17. Further information may be obtained from Professor Hughes