CRIMSON HOCKEY PLAYERS STILL IN MID-YEAR SLUMP

MARTIN IN GOOD FORM

Although showing some improvement over Monday's slow practice, the University hockey team has not yet recovered its speed and form. The regulars were unable to score on the substitutes and were defeated by the B. A. A. 3 to 1 in the Arena yesterday. There was no united effort among the men and each seemed to be trying to do his individual best at the expense of team play. The best work in the practice was done by the substitutes.

Coach Winsor sent team B against the first team for about ten minutes until the B. A. A. seven was ready for a scrimmage and then only allowed 20 minutes of work against the Boston squad. G. A. Peroy '18 started right in with a goal which he made after carrying the puck the entire length of the rink through the B. A. A. line and defence. Tuck, Jones, and Osgood each scored shortly afterwards for the amateur seven, and kept the play in the University's territory. J. I. Wylde '17 and E. M. Martin '18, particularly the latter, saved the Crimson team from being badly outscored. Martin had a difficult time of it, and made frequent lightning stops. The stickwork of A. H. Bright '19 was a brilliant feature of the practice but the lack of co-ordination of the forwards nullified his work.