HANOVER KEYED UP FOR DARTMOUTH FESTIVITIES

Annual Winter Carnival Commences This Evening With Dinner-Dance, and Dramatics.

All plans are complete for the opening of the Dartmouth winter carnival at Hanover this evening. The annual mid-winter celebration this year will be the most extensive ever held and the biggest social event in the history of the college. If the pretentious plans of the Outing Club are carried through the carnival will rival those which were held at Montreal before the war began. Every fraternity is to have a house party and all accommodations in Hanover and vicinity have been engaged weeks ahead.

The celebration will commence with a dinner-dance in the big dining hall of Commons. This will be followed by the production of "A Full House," by the Dartmouth Dramatic Association. The evening will close with formal dances at each of the fraternities.

The program of outdoor events will be run off tomorrow. After the hockey game with Bishops College the regular carnival events will begin with the ski-joring race, when the carnival visitors will see a real thriller, with the fast horses and their drivers trailing behind on skis. The ski and snowshoe dashes, ski cross-country race, snowshoe obstacle race, a ski-jumping contest for boys under 14, and exhibition jumping by university and alumni jumpers wll complete the events of the afternoon.

Prominent among the exhibition jumps will be double and triple jumps, jumps on one ski, and somersault. Trophies or favors are to be awarded the winners of the respective events throughout the Carnival.

The carnival ball, which is the chief event of the two-days' festivities, will take place tomorrow evening in Alumni Gymnasium.