APPROVE CORDIER'S PLAN

DAILY DRILL AT FIRST

The Department of Military Science and Tactics has received the following telegram from the War Department:

Captain Cordier's scheme for training of reserve officers approved by War. Department. New scheme will make it possible to commission graduates and Seniors as soon as their services are needed and also to provide a steady flow of officers for new units if organized. Sergeants Bryan and Cockrill, United States Army, ordered to report for duty at Harvard. Other non-commissioned officers will follow.

Detailed Plans Under Way.

Captain Cordier is at present working out a detailed plan of instruction, but the final announcements cannot be made until it is approximately known how many men will enrol in the unit. In accordance with instructions from the War Department Captain Cordier has already made application for the discharge from the militia of certain men who are both in Military Science 1 and in some organization of the state militia. Any undergraduates who are at present in the militia and who wish to join the officers' unit for the second half-year should hand in their names to Captain Cordier.

Daily Drill at First.

At present the tentative plan is to drill two battalions of the regiment in the Gymnasium and one battalion in the Living Room of the Union. During the first weeks one hour drills will be held daily for the different companies. These drills will be held in the afternoon, except for one or two companies which, if arrangements can be made, will drill in the morning. The one hour lecture included in the course will come on Thursday at 1.30 o'clock. The hours of the section meetings will be announced later and will be arranged to suit the convenience of all men enrolled in the unit. It must be understood that these announcements are of a preliminary nature, and may be changed at a later date.

Horses Supplied for Troop.

A graduate of the University has already offered to supply all horses needed by the unit, which will mean that a troop of cavalry can be formed later in the year. The officers' unit fund which is being raised among the graduates is materializing rapidly.