PRINCETON PLANNING ALUMNI DAY

Club Question to be Main Topic For Discussion at Graduates' Reunion.

Elaborate preparations have been made for the third annual Alumni Day at Princeton, which will be celebrated on February 22, and from present indication between three and four hundred graduates will return to Princeton for the inspection of the university while in session. The occasion, set a side as an annual event two years ago, as a means of increasing interest on the part of the alumni in the various activities of the undergraduates, has been arranged this year under the auspices of the Graduate Council.

This year a more extensive program than heretofore has been prepared. The activities will begin on the evening of the 21st, when a joint smoker will be held for the classes from 1906 to 1916 inclusive.

To Discuss Club Question.

In response to many requests the chief subject for discussion will be the undergraduate social system. R. F. Cleveland, 1919, will explain to the visiting alumni the ground upon which certain members of the Sophomore Class have taken a stand in opposition to the upper-class clubs, and will give an outline of their plans for the improvement of present conditions. It is also planned to have the point of view of those who are opposed to the sophomore movement presented by a prominent senior who is a club member. It is the desire of the Graduate Council that all phases of the situation be clearly described for the information of the alumni, who are manifesting a deep interest in the present controversy. The discussion will not in any way take the form of a debate, but will consist merely of a straightforward statement of facts. It is possible that some other undergraduate subject of interest will receive attention.