SEVEN BACK IN FORM

STICKWORK STILL WEAK

The University hockey team nosed out the B. A. A. in a hard scrimmage yesterday afternoon by a 3 to 2 score. The Crimson players continued to show improvement and put up a much better brand of hockey than in any previous practice this week. The general work of the men during the half hour's scrimmage indicated that they will be able to show all their usual speed in the McGill game tomorrow evening.

The chief handicap to the team's progress still is its poor stickwork. The players would get the puck way up at the end of the rink and then lose it, and many excellent opportunities were let go by in this way, for practically all the playing was down in the opponents' territory. Only one scrimmage in front of the net resulted in a goal, the other two resulting from long shots.

Passing Game in Evidence.

T. H. Rice '17 started the practice well by shooting past Barry after a succession of pretty passes. E. O. Baker '17 knocked the puck in from a scrimmage for the second tally and G. A. Percy '18 obtained the third after some more good mid-rink combination play. Rice and Percy put up a good game, the former's accurate shooting causing Barry a great deal of trouble and the latter's speed and body-checking stopping the B. A. A.'s offensive. The Boston seven showed flashes of team work but was not consistent. Both of its goals were scored by Jones.

After the end of the University practice the Freshmen went in against the B. A. A., and although they came out on the short end of a 4 to 0 score, they made a very creditable showing. E. Cabot '20 particularly played a hard game, doing more work than any other member of the team, especially in following back and breaking up plays. J. Stubbs '20 was aggressive on the defence and W. J. Louderback '20 did his part in keeping the score down. The Freshmen have the same trouble as the University players in that they get started but drop the puck inopportunely.

The second team is being given a rest for the remainder of the week and will hold no practice until the game with St. Mark's on Monday. The team has not yet been scored on but will have a hard time to continue its string of victories by defeating the strong Southboro seven.