Trials For Musical Clubs Will Be Held Next Week

Trials for the University Instrumental-Clubs will be held in Dunster 54 next Monday and Tuesday evenings at 7 o'clock. At that time men playing the mandolin, mandola, banjo, banjeurine, tenor banjo, guitar, violin, cello, clarinet or traps will be given opportunities to try out. Everyone should bring a selection to play memorized if possible. Ability to play two instruments, although desirable, will not be a requirement this year.

The University Glee Club trials will take place in the Glee Club room in the Music Building on Tuesday evening at 8 o'clock. Ten or 12 men will be taken on the Glee Club this year, tenors especially being needed, there being five places epee for first tenors.

The plans for the Musical Clubs' season promise unusually extensive trips this year. The singers will go to New York City on March 3 to enter the Intercollegiate Glee Club contest held annually in Carnegie Hall.

The middle of next month the Providence concert will be held, the clubs making the trip in a private train chartered especially for the occasion. The regular spring trip to New York comes at the Easter recess period. As usual the clubs will go to New York to play before the Harvard Club and this year several other concerts in nearby cities are under consideration.