BRITISH WAR PICTURES SHOWN

Performance at Boston Opera House for Ambulance and Relief Work.

The official moving pictures of the British Government, showing the work of the American Ambulance Field Service, will be shown at a benefit performance in the Boston Opera House this evening at 8 o'clock. There will be only one performance. Half of the gross receipts will go to the American Ambulance Field Service, and the other half will be turned over to the General British War Relief Fund. Tickets at 50 cents to $1.50 are now on sale at the Opera House, at Herrick's and at 366 Boylston street.

The pictures to be exhibited show, besides the work of the American Ambulance Corps, "Kitchener's Great Army," "Jellicoe's Fleet" and "The Battle of the Somme." The film was taken by the British Government and is guaranteed to be authentic. Close views are given of members of the American Aviation Corps and there is a "close-up" of Norman Prince '08, who died while fighting for France. In the picture of the battle of the Somme the actual fighting has been photographed. Captain Ian Hay Beith is scheduled to speak at the performance.