SUBJECTS SELECTED FOR LAW SCHOOL PRIZE ESSAY

Contest for $100 Addison Brown Award In Maritime or International Law Due May 1.

The subjects for the Addison Brown Prize for the year 1916-17 are announced as follows:

1. The Domicil of a Married Woman.

2. Taxation of the Corporate Excesses of Interstate Corporations.

3. A Comparison of the British Marine Insurance Act, 1906, with American Law.

4. Judisdiction and Law of Prize Cases.

An annual prize of $100 is awarded, from a bequest of Addison Brown '52, late judge of the District Court for the Southern District of New York, for the best essay by a student in the Law School on some designated subject of maritime or private international law, under prescribed regulations.

Any Law student in regular standing during the year 1916-17, a candidate for any degree offered by the Law School, may compete for the prize.

Every essay offered should be neatly and legibly written or typewritten upon letter paper of good quality, of the quarto size, with a margin not less than one inch at the top, at the bottom, and on each side, so that it may be bound up without injury to the writing. The title page of each manuscript should bear an assumed name, and the writer should give in with his manuscript a sealed envelope containing his real name and superscribed with his assumed name.

Manuscripts are due at the office of the Secretary of the Law School not later than May 1, 1917. The prize may be withheld at the discretion of the judges if no essay is found to deserve it.

A copy of the successful essay will be given to the Law Library immediately upon the award, and the Harvard Law Review may print the essay if it desires to do so.