PLAN TRACK CHANGES

TIME SCHEDULE FIXED

Following the report by the undergraduate committee to the Graduate Track Committee, steps have been taken towards the reorganization of the track system, and the improvement of the team. New and better equipment for the runners and field event men have been purchased and improvements in the organization and management have been instituted. All contestants in each of the various events will report for practice together; that is, all long distance runners will meet at a certain fixed time and run together, all broad jumpers will practice at a certain time, rather than at intervals during the entire afternoon.

Subcommittees will be appointed by the Graduate Track Committee to look into and suggest improvements in other matters pertaining to the sport.

As soon as the Stadium track is in condition, which will probably be about the middle of next week, men will report dressed and ready to run as follows:

2.45: Sprinters.

3.30: Hurdlers.

4.00: Half and quarter milers.

4.30: One and two milers.

Those men who cannot report at the specified times, owing to recitations or laboratory work, are to report at 5 o'clock. In order to attain the fullest efficiency in this system, it is absolutely essential that the men be on time. No man will be kept on the training table and no man will be considered a candidate for it unless he reports at the specified time.

W. M. Rand '09, chairman of the Graduate Advisory Track Committee, and former intercollegiate champion in the high hurdles, will speak to all hurdlers at the Varsity Club at 7 o'clock tonight. Any man who ever has been or aspires to be a hurdler has here an excellent opportunity to learn something about running and training for the hurdles.

Few Field Men Out.

Only three pole vaulters reported for practice yesterday, and about the same number of high jumpers. Some 12 men worked out with the 12 and 16-pound hammer with very encouraging results. The runners merely limbered up.