HISTORICAL PAGEANT POSTPONED

Celebration to be Held in Stadium Put off on Account of War.

By G. E. Johnson.

The committee in charge of the Cambridge pageant which was to have been held in the Stadium next June announced last night that owing to the war which is at present threatening the United States, the pageant had been postponed until next year.

The spectacle was to have presented sketches from Cambridge history, and not less than 3,000 people were to have taken part. The fund of $15,000 necessary to cover the preliminary expenses has been raised, but the amounts pledged in support of the affair will be returned to the guarantors.

The statement made by the committee last night is as follows:

"The Cambridge pageant planned for June, 1917, is postponed until next year. Although the money necessary has been subscribed, it seems to the undersigned wise that both the money and energy required should be used for possible national needs. Any money already paid in will be returned to the guarantors with the hope that the fund will be renewed when all danger of war for the United States is passed."