MOTORCYCLISTS TO ORGANIZE

LOCAL UNITS WILL BE TRAINED BY EXPERIENCED ARMY OFFICER.

An organization known as "The Motor-cycle Minute-Men of America," has been formed. Its purpose is to enroll, instruct and train the motorcyclists of America so that they will be fitted for active service on short notice. Their chief duty will be that of dispatch riding and as in case of war there will be an immediate need of men trained in this work, all those who are enrolled would be called for active service.

Local motorcycle companies are to be formed in all colleges, cities and towns throughout the country for education and practice in dispatch riding, signal work, first aid, scouting, artillery fire observation, mobile machine gun squadrons, and other branches of activity in which experienced motorcycle riders have proved of inestimable value in Europe.

Plans for the training are well under way for the organization of these companies and already the training of the motorcyclists has begun in several of the universities of the country in connection with the Reserve Officers' Training Corps. The "Motorcycle Minute-Men of America" have the approval of the United States Army and the Army officers will co-operate in every way possible in the efficient training of the men, and in the direction of the organization. The instruction will be given by officers of the Army, by military experts who know the requirements which will be demanded from the motorcyclists and can best give them the necessary instruction and training, and by those men who are in close touch with the largest developments in the use of motorcycles in modern warfare and who have had experience in actual service.

Headquarters will probably be opened soon for the enrolment of members of the University, but if it is found impossible to do this, such enrolments can be made at the Boston headquarters of the organization.