ENDOWMENT FUND GROWING

Committee Plans to Make Nation-Wide Appeal for Ten Million Dollar Gift from University Alumni.

The Harvard Endowment Fund Committee announces that to date the progress in raising the $10,000,000 fund has been highly satisfactory. The Committee has not attempted to give a great deal of publicity to their movement and raise the money in a short time, but they plan to go more slowly and give years to the collection of the fund.

The Committee is made up of 15 of the alumni, each member serving a period of three years. At present it is planned to assign to the different members of the Committee the several classes of graduates, and to hold these different groups responsible for the collection of funds from the classes that have been turned over to them.

The belief of the Committee is that a Harvard Endowment Fund, to be worthy of the name, must be so large as to yield a most substantial income for the unrestricted use of the University. To reach the large figures necessary the appeal will be country-wide. It will ultimately include practically every living graduate and the innumerable friends of the University. Especially is giving on a small scale to be encouraged. The University has heretofore been criticized for not sufficiently encouraging the small giver. If such has been the case, it has been due to a lack of system rather than a lack of the need for the financial and moral support of the University's friends.