MORGAN LOST TO SEVEN

APPLETON AT POINT

Captain J. E. P. Morgan '17, it was announced last night, will be unable to play in the final Yale hockey game next Saturday night because of an attack of the measles. Morgan felt ill at practice on Tuesday afternoon and was taken to the Stillman Infirmary that evening, where it was found that he had developed a case which, though light, will keep him off the ice for the remainder of the week. His place at point will be taken by W. C. Appleton '18, who was captain of last year's second team. The University defence is further crippled by the fact that T. H. Eckfeldt '17 will probably be also out of the game as the result of a strained shoulder received early in the week. The two remaining defence men are H. K. White '19 and A. W. Gardner '18. White played regularly on the team at the time of the first Princeton game when Thacher was out, and so has had the necessary experience for a hard fight.

However, in spite of the discouragement of Captain Morgan's absence, Coach Winsor put the squad through its last long practice yesterday afternoon with as much snap as usual. After the customary ten minutes of shooting and passing the first team lined up against the second. The scrimmage was not an exhibition of perfect hockey; its one notable feature was the aggressive spirit shown by the second team, which resulted in frequent spills and which, in a game, would have rapidly reduced the number of men on the ice. The final score was 2 to 2. The first seven's team play continued strong save for occasional erratic passes and a tendency of forwards to play out of position. Both of their scores, however, were the result of individual play. R. H. Kissel '19 flipped in a back hand shot for the second team after picking the puck out of a scrimmage, and R. Baldwin '17 tied the score towards the end of the period on a pass from A. H. Bright '19.

Twelve Go to New Haven.

The following 12 members of the squad will leave for New Haven tomorrow on the 105 train: Appleton, Baker, Baldwin, Condon, Kissel, Martin, W. Morgan, Percy, T. Rice, Thacher, Townsend and Wylde, and also Assistant Manager MacDougall. They will practice for an hour tomorrow night in the New Haven Arena, and will spend the night at the Hotel Taft. For Saturday luncheon and afternoon they will be the guests of Grinnell Martin '10 at his farm ten miles outside of New Haven. The remaining members of the squad, with Manager Hunneman and Second Assistant Manager Morse, will leave Boston on the 1.05 train on Saturday.