TONIGHT'S MASS MEETING

Not since the memorable meeting in Sanders Theatre at the end of the enrolment campaign for the R. O. T. C. have we heard from President Lowell in regard to the University's official course. Now that this country is actually at war undergraduates are considering the question of their own futures more seriously than ever before in their lives. For this reason the sound advice and new light that President Lowell will surely give is to be eagerly anticipated. From the very day that complications between Germany and the United States arose, President Lowell has worked ceaselessly to give Harvard the quickest and best facilities to turn out trained officers. In the beginning he waived many rules of the scholastic curriculum in order that additional men might join the R. O. T. C. without jeopardizing their degrees. By the recent move of the Faculty entire liberty has been given all men to terminate their College work and devote as much time as is feasible to military instruction. No college head could have done more to aid the Government, or in fact, to set an actively patriotic example for the Government, than President Lowell has done. The mass meeting tonight ought to be both an opportunity to hear inspiring advice, and a deserved tribute to our President who has led the Harvard preparedness movement.