UNIT TO SAIL FOR FRANCE

PLAN MASS MEETING

An ambulance unit composed almost entirely of members of the University will sail for France on June 2. This addition to the forces of the American Ambulance Field Service has been officially christened the "Harvard Unit." The unit sails with assurances that it will remain intact as a complete section in the service.

The corps will land at Bordeaux by the 10th of the month, it is expected; and from this port it will be transferred to Paris. There the customary period of preparation and instruction in driving will be spent, after which the unit will be dispatched to the front and its vicinity for work in the base and field hospitals.

In the personnel of the section are included the following members of the University: C. W. Adams '18, R. Buel '18, J. L. Bigelow 1L, J. O. Beebe '15, E. L. Casey '19, H. H. Dadmun '17, H. H. Davis '17, G. G. Emmons 1L, J. Frenning '16, A. B. Frenning '20, K. S. Gaston '18, H. Goodspeed 1L, G. Harris '18, J. D. Hutchinson '19, E. Manning '16, A. E. MacDougall '18, P. Squibb '18, J. R. Stuart '18, H. W. Shepard '19, and H. C. Wiswall '18.

Mass Meeting in New York.

On Thursday afternoon, May 31, there will be held a mass meeting at Sherry's in New York, under the auspices of the Harvard Club of New York. The purpose of this meeting will be to raise funds for ambulances and to stimulate financial aid for those men who require such assistance. While in New York awaiting the day of sailing, the members of the unit will be guests of the Harvard Club.

The City Club of New York, 55 West 44th street, extends the privileges of the club to all members of the University who are sailing on June 2 to join the ambulance corps in France.