URGES MEN TO JOIN R. O. T. C.

Professor Lyman Outlines Advantages of University Corps.

Professor T. Lyman '97, in an interview with the Yale News, advised Yale men to join the R. O. T. C. here at once in order to get the full benefit of the camp. "While their work will not be greatly hindered by waiting until Commencement," he said, "yet the loss of valuable preliminary instruction will make the course more difficult for Yale men entering late.

"We have here as efficient instruction and rigid discipline as can be found anywhere, with the added advantage of good food and comfortable sleeping quarters. Two of the French officers will give instruction in the co-operation of the artillery with the infantry in active service. This co-ordination forms a most important factor in modern warfare. So much of the instruction being given here is equally necessary in the artillery that the benefit of the camp to Yale men will be incalculable.

"We are sorry that we shall be unable to furnish training for men under 19 years of age, but accommodations will not allow it this summer.

"Harvard has stopped all classes for men who are training in the R. O. T. C. At present there are only about 300 men continuing their scholastic work. Each day the men enrolled for military training are receiving instruction in various details of their work, which must form the foundation for their future training."