MORE MEN JOIN R. O. T. C.

TOTAL NOW 251

The most notable feature of the enlistments for the University R. O. T. C. at Warren House yesterday was the large number of men from other sections of New England who applied for enrolment in the Corps. Inquiries and letters are coming in rapidly from all parts of the country, and already 20 men from outside colleges have been admitted. The list of institutions represented consist of Boston University, Tufts, Dartmouth, Northeastern University, Brown, Amherst, Williams, Wesleyan, Massachusetts Agricultural College and Exeter. The total number of men accepted since the Corps was reopened after the Easter recess is now 251, and 74 others have applied for admission but have either been rejected for physical reasons or have not completed the last stages of their enrolment.

A considerable number of men now in the Training Corps took the final examination in Military Science 1 yesterday evening in anticipation of being accepted for admission to one of the Officers Training Camps. Notice will be sent to those who are chosen within the next few days, and these men are to proceed immediately to that camp to which they have been assigned. The others will continue their work in the unit here.

There will be a reception this evening for the six French officers, given by President and Mrs. Lowell. Various members of the Faculty and their wives will be invited. Throughout the past week the Frenchmen have been entertained by various organizations in Boston at dinner and receptions, and as the first official representatives of the French Government who have been in the city since the outbreak of the war, they have been royally received everywhere.