SQUAM LAKE CAMP GIVEN UP

CONDITIONS BROUGHT ON BY WAR HAVE NECESSITATED SUCH AN ACTION.

On account of unavoidable conditions which have naturally arisen since the United States declared war on Germany the University Engineering Camp at Squam Lake, N. H., will not be held this year. A large number of the members of the University who intended to take courses at the camp this summer are now in the service of the country and from practically every standpoint it was deemed inadvisable to attempt to hold the camp this year. It is planned, however, to hold the camp as usual in the summer of 1918, and unless the war continues through that time, those plans will undoubtedly be carried out.

The camp is located on the slope of Red Hill, on the eastern shore of Squam Lake, N. H., and comprises about 700 acres of woodland with living accommodations, classrooms and drafting rooms for 150 students. In past years two courses have been regularly given, Engineering Sciences 4a, extending from the latter part of June through July, and Engineering Sciences 4d, beginning the first of August and lasting about six weeks, the former counting as a half-course in the College. Admission to the camp is generally open to students registered in any department of the University, or any other educational institution, and to students registered in the summer school.