NATIONAL CRISIS DEMANDS MORE CLASS DAY CHANGES

APPLICATIONS CLOSE

For the first time in many years the Class Day program will contain no Ivy Oration. The usual conditions this year caused by the war have also necessitated other changes in the festivities for that day. H. Wentworth '17, the Ivy Orator, is unable to be present, for the cannot obtain leave of absence from the Officers' Training Corps at Fort Sheridan. In place of his oration the Regiment Band has been engaged to give a short concert of music especially suited to the occasion.

Also, W. Wilcox, Jr., '17, the Class Poet, is unable to leave the aviation camp at Newport News in order to be in Cambridge. He has written the poem, however, and it will be read at the Sanders Theatre exercises by N. E. Burbidge '17.

The remainder of the Sanders Theatre program is to be given as previously announced. The Oration will be delivered by A. G. Paine '17, and the Ode by J. D. Parson '17. President Lowell has consented to act as chaplain. There will be appropriate music between the numbers on the program.

Other Festivities as Usual.

The other features of the Stadium exercises will be carried out as usual: These features include the singing by the Glee Club, the cheering by the various classes and graduates, the presentation of the Class Banner to the Freshman Class, and the confetti battle. The exercises are to start at 3 instead of at 4 o'clock. The rest of the festivities for Class Day will be carried out as usual. The Baccalaureate Sermon will be given by President Lowell in Appleton Chapel Sunday, June 17, at 4 P. M. Immediately following, President and Mrs. Lowell will hold a reception at their home to the members of the Senior Class.

On Monday evening, June 18, the Senior Spread is to be held in Memorial Hall from 8 to 1 o'clock. The music for this occasion will be furnished by two bands. On Tuesday morning at 9 o'clock Dr. A. P. Fitch '00 will conduct a special chapel service for Seniors in Appleton Chapel. The Sanders exercises will start at 11 o'clock. In the afternoon, at 2.15 o'clock, the Tree exercises will be held.

In the Yard, festivities will be carried on as in previous years. The Yard will be illuminated, and two fountains will be set up as usual. At 9 o'clock the Glee Club is to sing on the steps of Widener. On Wednesday, for the special entertainment of out-of-town guests, a review of the University R. O. T. C. will be held in the Stadium.

The committee in charge calls to the attention of Seniors the fact that today is the last day for applying for tickets for Class Day at reduced prices. Also the limit on Spread applications has been extended to Wednesday