WILL OFFER TWO WAR COURSES

BUSINESS SCHOOL WILL TEACH STORES KEEPING AND COST INSPECTION.

At the suggestion of committees of the Council of National Defense, the Graduate School of Business Administration offers for men especially qualified for Government service by business training, experience, and recommendation as to character, and not eligible for combatant military service, the following two summer courses for the six-week period, beginning Monday, June 18:

1. Military Stores Keeping, to be given by Naval Constructor F. G. Coburn, U. S. N., H. H. Farquhar, and other lecturers. There will be daily meetings, from 8 to 10 o'clock in the morning, followed by field work.

This course deals with lay-out and construction of storage plants, receiving inspecting, storing, indexing, and shipping goods, out-of-door storage, and special current problems. A large portion of each day will be spent in field work.

A fee of ten dollars will be charged for this course which will be open to not more than 100 men. Application blanks, obtainable from University 17, must be filled out and returned to H. H. Farquhar, Lawrence 15, by noon June 15.

2. Military Cost Inspection, to be given in co-operation with the executive committee of the Certified Public Accountants of Massachusetts, Inc., by competent accountants approved by the committee of that organization. There will be three classes daily.

This course aims to train men for cost inspection in factories which have contracts with the Government. Candidates for admission should have training and experience in accounting which shall include a thorough knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping.

A fee of ten dollars will be charged. This course, like that on Military Stores Keeping, is open to not more than 100 men. Application blanks which may be secured from University 17 must be filled out and returned to that address by noon Friday, June 15.

The Graduate School is at present conducting a course for supply officers.